Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: The Firm Calorie Killer

Calorie Killer is an all cardio workout from The Firm's Body Sculpting System 2 (BSS2), lead by Nancy Tucker. It is 40 min in length, the cardio section is 31 min. and is intermediate in its intensity level.

The warm up is one of my favorites. It has some kickbox-flavored punches (not true kickboxing, for sure) and some pre-workout stretches. The first section of the workout has you stepping over the Firm sculpting stick. Nancy missed a cue or two. You step and curl the stick and she tells you to curl the second time you do it, not the first. But I love Nancy as an instructor.

The workout includes two different tall box climb sections, a plyo section, a section that Nancy calls low impact but is definitely mixed impact, a step section, and a 4-limb section. The moves were some old some new, mostly new - which I like.

I really, really dislike the music from this workout. I enjoy Nancy as an instructor and some of the choreography is quite interesting for a Firm workout, but I don't see myself doing this workout as often as I would if it had better music.

Sweat factor: 5.5/10
Fun factor: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment